...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 2 PM EDT TUESDAY...
* PRECIPITATION TYPE...Snow.
* ACCUMULATIONS...Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches.
* TIMING...Snow will overspread the area this evening and persist through Tuesday morning.
* IMPACTS...The heavy snow will create difficult travel conditions and may produce scattered power outages.
* WINDS...Northeast 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* TEMPERATURES...In the upper 20s.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Detailed Forecast For Rockingham County and Harrisonburg
Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
Snow showers likely before 9pm, then snow after 9pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 28. Southeast wind 6 to 8 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Snow, mainly before 9am, then a chance of snow showers after 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 39. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
A chance of snow showers, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
A slight chance of snow showers before 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.